What is AWS | Key Concept, Working of AWS and Career Growth?
AWS gives out services in the form of building blocks, which can be further used to create and develop various types of applications in the cloud. These building blocks are supposed to work together to create a more worldly and highly extensible range of applications. AWS stands for Amazon Web Services, which is a type of cloud service from Amazon. There are five pillars of AWS which comprise of the subsequent areas: Operational Excellence, Security, Reliability, Performance Efficiency, and Cost Optimization.
There are three types of cloud computing: Software-as-a-Service (Saas), Platform-as-a-Service (PaaS) and Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IaaS).
Compute helps you to build and run your organisation with ease. These are the types of compute available:
- EC2 (Elastic Compute Cloud) - These are the virtual machines in the cloud on which you have the OS level control. It gives you secure, resizable compute capacity in the cloud.
- Lightsail - It is one of the easiest ways to manage a virtual private sector. It can automatically deploy and manage compute, storage and networking capabilities which are necessary to run your applications.
- ECS (Elastic Container Service) - It is a highly accessible container service which permits you to run Docker containers in the cloud.
- Lambda - It is considered as AWS’s serverless technology which permits you to operate functions in the cloud. It’s a vast cost saver as you pay only when your functions execute.
In other words, AWS permits you to do the following things-
- It helps running web and application servers in the cloud in order to host dynamic websites.
- You can store all your files securely on the cloud and can access them from anywhere and anytime.
- You can use various databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle or SQL Server to store information.
- It can also help you to send large email to your customers.
To get the most advantage from this path, you must understand basics of cloud computing infrastructure as a service (IAAS), as well as Microsoft and Linux essentials, including DNS and DHCP, networking necessities, virtualization, and storage.
AWS also offers a variety of certifications which is extremely valuable if you are seeking for more knowledge and skills. It can also be a great opportunity to better yourself and improve your career. The ten types of AWS Certifications are mentioned below:
- AWS Certified Developer – This certification requires an in-depth knowledge of AWS services, applications, uses and needs to have a fundamental knowledge about AWS architecture. They also need to have skills for designing, developing and deploying an application with the use of AWS. They must be able to use some of the AWS service such as APIs, AWS and SDKs in order to write applications. They must have the knowledge about the important key points of AWS. The expected salary of the person carrying the AWS Certified Developer – Associate level is around $130,272.
- AWS Certified Advanced Networking – It requires skills for designing and deploying AWS to scale, including it in the IT network hybrid culture. In order to be eligible for this exam you need to have AWS Associate credentials, it also requires more than 5 years of experience in architecting and managing solutions.
- AWS Certified Alexa Skill Builder - You’ll be able to create, develop and design Amazon’s Alexa with this certificate. To be eligible for this certification you require to be an expert in high level programming and have a work experience with Alexa skills kit for at least 6 months. It has an average salary of $122,000.
Benefits of AWS Certifications
All the candidates can improve their skills and knowledge with the help of AWS Expert.
You can learn anytime you want to and you can the time you need to accumulate a particular skill.
You can choose any certificate which is most suitable to your career.
These certificates give an opportunity to accumulate new skills and techniques from a reputed instructor.
It adds more value to your resume and also proves your reliability to the organisation
AWS has grown drastically over the years along with the increase in its demand and its efficiency. AWS Certifications are a great way to better yourself and enhance your skills and in-depth knowledge about AWS platform. These certifications make your resume a lot more attractive in the eyes of a recruiter.