The ParticleVis software system offers full-featured visualization of discrete element method (DEM) computer data for real-time 3D rendering of large sets of particle states. ParticleVis capabilities include:
- adjustable lighting conditions and camera viewing characteristics,
- options to display translational velocity, rotational velocity, and orientation vectors along with particle pathlines,
- color-mapped particles based on external data such as speed, force information and residence tie,
- external vector and scalar fields, such as electromagnetic fields and temperatures,
- transparent and textured particles,
- XML-base particle shape files and CAD file rendering,
- output options for individual frames and movies.
See the ParticleVis Web Site to download the source code.
Cite this work
Researchers should cite this work as follows: