HOW TO DOWNGRADE MICROSOFT WINDOWS 11 TO WINDOWS 10?
Windows 11 operating system has better features than Windows 10. You can download Windows 11 only if your system meets all the hardware requirements of Windows 11. However, not all system is compatible with Windows 11. After downloading Windows 11 to your system, you may face a few issues while operating your system. Because of this, you might think to uninstall Windows 11 and reinstall Windows 10. For this, you need to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 for the proper functioning of your system.
Before downgrading Windows 11, make sure you create a backup of your Windows 11 data. The downgrading of Microsoft Windows 11 to 10 may remove your data. Once you create the backup of your Windows 11, you can follow any of the two methods given below and get back to Windows 10.
Method 1: Roll Back Windows 11 to Windows 10
If you have recently updated Windows 11 and again want to roll back to Windows 10, you can do it within the first ten days. The steps to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 are given below.
- Go to the Settings of your system.
- Go to the System option and scroll down to Recovery.
- Under Recovery, you will see the option “Previous version of Windows.”
- Tap on the “Go back” button. It will take you to the “Go back to Windows 10” window.
- Select the reason for going back to Windows 10 and click the Next button.
- A new window appears; click on the “Check for updates” button. If no updates are available, click on the “No thanks” button.
- In a “What you need to know” window, click on the Next button.
- Again, click Next. Here, make sure that you remember the password for your Windows 10.
- Lastly, hit on “Go back to Windows 10” button. It will restart your system. In the rebooting process, the system will recover installation and restore the previous version of Windows.
- After this, you can now log in to your Windows 10 operating system. Now, you have rollbacked to Windows 10 from Windows 11.
Method 2: Download and Reinstall Windows 10
If you want to downgrade Windows 11 to Windows 10 after a period of 10 days, then you need to follow the below steps. The above steps will not work when you downgrade Windows 11 after ten days.
- Visit the download page of the Microsoft website.
- Scroll down to “create Windows 10 installation media and click on the “Download tool now” button.
- Once the tool gets downloaded, click and run the exe file.
- A pop-up window appears; click on Yes to continue.
- Read all the Microsoft Software license terms carefully and click on Accept.
- A “What do you want to do?” window appears; choose “Upgrade this PC now” and click on the Next button. It will download the latest version of Windows 10.
- Once the downloading process is finished, click the Next button and then hit on Accept.
- Now, select Nothing and click Next.
- Click on the Install to start the Windows 10 installation process.
You can also install Windows 10 from a USB if you want to reinstall Windows 10 on multiple systems.
Windows 11 is a present-day operating system, but it is not compatible with old computer models. After upgrading your operating system to Windows 11, if your system does not work correctly, then you can downgrade it to Windows 10. The above two methods will guide you to move your Windows from 11 to 10 successfully. Before proceeding with the downgrading process, must ensure to create a backup and restore Windows 11 data.
Visit: mcafee login